Sunday, August 23, 2009

August 23 - A Surprise on The Way...


Dear Laney,

Your grandfather Philip told me that he's always had a weird feeling about August 23rd, and every time that date would roll around on the calendar, he would get this sneaking suspicion that something should be happening.

On August 23, 2009, your dad and I went out to dinner at Outback Steakhouse with your Uncle Nate and Aunt Brynn. We were planning on having you at their house, with the help of a midwife. You were supposed to come on August 12th, but you were late, and we were starting to wonder if you were ever going to come out.

After dinner, we stopped by our midwife's office for another check-up, to see if you were any closer to making an appearance. Right there in her office, I went into labor. We drove over to Nate and Brynn's house, ecstatic that we were about to have a baby.

We watched some TV, and then I got on my pajamas and got into bed, but I couldn't sleep because I was so nervous and excited (and because I was having contractions).

But you decided you didn't want to be born on the 23rd, so we'll have to continue this story tomorrow...

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment