Thursday, October 10, 2013

English Teacher



Hey y'all - 

When your dad arrived at Hagen's school at pick-up time the other afternoon, Hagen's teacher met him at the door and said, "It's amazing the number of words Hagen knows for such a little guy!" I wish I could take even partial credit for this, but I can't: it's all Laney. 

                            

Laney will take Hagen by the hand and lead him around the house in a flurry of "Can you say...?'s. Sometimes, she asks him to repeat after her a word that she herself cannot pronounce, a la "Hey Hagen, this dragon doesn't eat meat. Can you say vegemarian?"  When he wakes up in the morning, she'll climb into his crib with a book to "read" to him. 

This morning, we heard Laney in her room, teaching Hagen how to play a game on the iPad. She kept saying, "I'm so proud of you!" and "I need you to be brave and try again!"

                           

I think Laney knows that she's making progress with her language lessons, because just the other morning, I saw her hug Hagen and exclaim, "Buddy! You know SO many words!" ...and then lean into his ear and whisper, "...that I taught you."



 She knows the score.

Love,
Mom


No comments:

Post a Comment