Thursday, May 7, 2015

Going To The Courthouse And We're Gonna Get Ma-a-a-rried.


Hey y'all, 

Last month, I flew to LA for the day (I've become the master of the 36 hour turn-around) to attend Brian and Tyler's wedding at the Beverly Hills Courthouse. It was a happy, beautiful day. They had a small party of 12 guests (I made the cut because I took pictures) and had a short ceremony at the Courthouse, followed by a lovely dinner at The Montage Beverly Hills. 










You might think that the wedding chapel inside the Beverly Hills Courthouse would be posh, since the average home price in the neighborhood is $6.5 million (I'm not making that up), but you would be wrong. There is a trellis of fake flowers and parked in the corner is a styrofoam cake. Fake cake is how everyone in LA stays so thin.


The magistrate asked Brian and Tyler how they met, and when they admitted "online," she replied, "Yeah...it's always either the internet or a bar," which seemed a folksy thing to add to the ceremony. 



Then, the ceremony was over and Brian and Tyler hugged, and we clapped, and both mothers-in-law got to sign the certificate as witnesses. They're also both Notaries, which is so sexy.


Sure, it was a day to celebrate what will be a life-long love for two of my favorite people, but the REAL star of the event - for me - was Brian's niece, Natalie.

Natalie and I were seated together at dinner. We ate two pounds of cheese apiece, and balanced forks on our heads and sang funny songs and generally hit it off as most two year olds will with fun 38 year-olds who've had two vodka tonics. I just wished she'd talked me out of ordering the duck.


Brian and Tyler opted for a smaller wedding so they should instead spend several weeks in Italy. I now love and hate them in equal measure.

Congratulations, you crazy kids.

Love,
Brooke

No comments:

Post a Comment