Monday, February 13, 2017

The Grand Tour


Hey, y'all - 

Your dad has finally made it to his destination. For about a week there, I was completely on edge because he couldn't contact us and we couldn't be sure where he was as he traveled between locations. Then I got a copy of a Navy spouse newsletter (published by Debbie Downer Press) that instructed me if I really needed to get in touch with your dad, I would need to go through the Red Cross. Nothing like learning that if you want to get in touch with your spouse, you'll need the help of an NGO.

But, good news! He's made it to his base and moved in to his accommodations and he received all of the care packages we shipped...containing items like high thread-count sheets and firm pillows, because he may be deployed, but that doesn't mean he has to live like an animal. Amazon and Target both ship directly to rural Afghanistan. As your dad is fond of saying, "War ain't what it used to be."

He sent us this little video of his room:


Next week, I'll be pitching HGTV a new show called Barracks Flip.

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment