Tuesday, January 20, 2015

School Pictures


Hey y'all,

Months ago, Laney came home with a cheesy little info packet about school pictures. Your dad thought it was ridiculous that I was even considering paying for school pictures, since you're already possibly the most over-photographed children in the world. But school pictures seem like one of those awful rites of passage that everyone must endure, so I signed Laney up for the cheapest option ($20), just so we could say we did. 

Peg Peg likes to complain about her school pictures. She says that Granny Jack would always curl her hair with bobby pins the night before, so her hair always looked ridiculous in her pictures. Granny Jack always acts like she doesn't know what Peg is talking about, but last night, I found these pictures:



Woo-wee.

Laney, I decided we would keep things simple; you could pick out any shirt you wanted, and I wouldn't curl your hair. You're absolutely beautiful, inside and out, and there's no way to make you look like less than a million bucks. What could possibly go wrong, yada yada yada. 

This is what we got back, and I have to be honest - it made me laugh out loud:


Just so weird and awkward and sweaty and orange (not you, the picture). I don't know who that girl is, but it's not you.

So I put up an backdrop in our living room and we had a little re-shoot.


As the guy on the rental car commercial says, "I'm not a control freak. I'm a control enthusiast."

I took the school pictures at Hagen's preschool, and on Hagen's picture day, he decided that he was not Hagen, he was a lion, and would only pose as such. I probably have a dozen photos on my hard drive now that are variations on Lion, roaring.


Then you went to lunch, spilled spaghetti on your clothes, changed into some old play clothes, took a nap, and came back as a human boy:




I had forgotten about all of this until last night when I found those pictures of my mama and realized I needed to come up with a blog post that would give me an excuse to put them online for the world to enjoy. You're welcome, world!

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment