Monday, August 1, 2011

On Turning Two



Dear Laney,

I'm in a sentimental mood today. I've been trying to mentally/emotionally/psychologically prepare myself for your second birthday this month, but you know what makes it harder? Editing a highlight reel of my favorite memories from the past year that effectively lets me watch you age a year in a little over two minutes. I'm proud. I'm overwhelmed. I may need to take to my bed.

Last August, you couldn't walk. Your spoken vocabulary consisted of, "Ella." These days, you're running and climbing and swinging and making sentences about horses and popsicles. Since your last birthday, I've written 340 blog posts about our family. I've had at least 500 conversations with your dad about how cool we think you are, and how we can't believe we get to be your parents. And I've watched you achieve a million little milestones that only make me more excited to know you and glimpse the person you're becoming.




We love you more than you know,
Mom

3 comments:

  1. Brooke,

    You are such an amazing mom.

    -Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, that was awesome! You're totally my mommy-blogger inspiration.
    Now, be a peach and whoop up one of those fancy videos for my baby right quick, would ya???
    And Happy Birthday, Laney!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are the best mom! Laney is so lucky (and so will any other kidlets you have!)!

    ReplyDelete