Wednesday, August 17, 2011

The Wild Outdoors



Dear Laney,


Lots going on around here lately - most of it in the yard. So here's a fun little round-up:


1) Manipulation in Miniature: When you want to be picked up, you don't say, "Up." No, you stand at my feet and throw your arms in the air and insist, "Mom! I wanna hold you." Like you're doing me a big favor. It's really a masterful PR maneuver, and I applaud you for it. So at least 9 times out of 10, I pick you up. After all, who could say no to this:




2) Hide and (Pretend to) Seek: You hide, and I pretend to guess, "Where's Laney? Is she at school? Is she in the car? Is she in her room?" And the whole time, you're giggling. Either you think you're actually invisible, or you think I'm a big honkin' idiot. Either way, it's hysterical. Just ask the girl behind the curtain.





3) Drunk Olympics - If reality television continues on its current trajectory, there will soon be a sports spectacular called Alcoholympics. Contestants will have to blow a .19 on a breathalyzer just to compete. I'm not saying it's a good idea, but if it happens, I imagine it will look a lot like the clip below. It occurs to me I may have accidentally produced a pitch reel for Fox. Forgive me, Lord.




4) Dads are Different: Dads think it's funny to teach you how to do stuff like this. Apparently.




5) A Fine Distinction: You should love your slide, but you shouldn't LOVE your slide.




Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment