Monday, February 27, 2012

Best Original Song


Dear Laney,

Last night, we had a little Academy Awards party for your dad's birthday. I realize this is like having a Geology n' Showshoeing party in honor of MY birthday, but your dad is a better sport than me.

Grandma Sue brought over some appetizers and beverages, and Brooke and Todd came over with Cedar and baby Fisher. We had lobster sandwiches and hot wings and coconut shrimp and mini pies and martinis. We also had Oscar ballots that everyone filled out, but we all got so many wrong that we might as well have been taking the SAT in Aramaic, (even though I remembered the statistical fact that when it comes to documentaries, the one with the most Nazis always wins).

Halfway through the Oscar broadcast, you two girls climbed up on the counter and started playing with the coffee maker. "Laney, leave that alone." "But Mooooommm, I NEED to make coffee..." Thing I don't know: How Billy Crystal was able to host an awards show with that much botulism in his face. Thing I know for sure: The last thing you two girls need is a big hot pot of caffeine, as evidenced by this performance:


I can't explain why you started this, or why you held hands, or why you kept it up so long, or why you stopped. But you guys definitely know how to rock a party.

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment