Friday, January 25, 2013

Toss 'Em In The Pile


Hey y'all, 

Last weekend when we went to Jude's party, I mentioned to The Other Brooke how nice it is to have a grandparent living in town who can watch your kids while you go to dinner once in a while and attempt to have an adult conversation. As it was leaving my mouth, I realized that Brooke and Todd don't have such a person nearby. Later that night, after Grandma Sue watched you guys while your dad and I went out for some of that sparkling adult conversation I mentioned (ex: "I don't know...should be get the chicken wings?" "I don't know. I guess if you want 'em..." etc), we called Brooke and Todd and volunteered to babysit Cedar and Fisher the following day. 

"Why not?" I asked Brooke, "We'll just toss 'em in the pile with the other young'uns."

And truth be told - and I can't believe I'm saying this, either - four children was no more trouble than two. Everyone got along and played blocks together.


Laney and Cedar got on the couch, where Laney "read" Cedar a book she'd memorized:


Then, Hagen took a nap while the rest of us went out to play in the snow:





We all had burritos for dinner, so the babies had some mandatory bath time.





The girls decided they were sick of their brothers touching their stuff, so they asked if they could go upstairs to my room to play with their Dora dollhouse in peace. As a result, the boys staged themselves at the bottom of the stairs, demanding to be let in. Or, as I described it to Brooke, "They clutched the gate and wailed like the zombies on 'The Walking Dead.'"





In the end, the boys went to sleep and the girls stayed up to drink hot chocolate and watch cartoons on Laney's iPad.


All in all, a perfectly pleasant experience.

Love,
Mom











No comments:

Post a Comment