Thursday, May 30, 2013

Field Of Dreams


Hey y'all - 

Your montessori school has an adult (co-ed, novice) softball team, and I signed your dad up to play. He was a good sport about it; after all, a big part of why we wanted to move into Missoula was so we could participate in more activities. 

Before the big game, Laney wrote his name on his ball, so he'd always know which one was his:


We thought for sure it was going to be a rain out, but the umpires decided that the team could play in a drizzle. The team captain asked me if I was there to play. Heck, no. I used to joke, "I only run if someone's chasing me," but now that I'm closer to 40 than 30, I've upgraded it to, "I only run if someone's chasing me with a weapon."

It turns out your dad is a pretty competent softball player. Color me surprised. I first started dating your dad 'cause I thought he was cute, so every discovery since then has been a pleasant surprise. He can wire a lamp? Bonus! He can build a house? Awesome! He's a great dad? Jackpot!


Laney was happy to run around in the grass, and Hagen was delighted to sit in a stroller with a bag of Cheese Nips. 

Laney's in multiple outfits in the photos below, because as it kept getting later and colder, we kept layering on jackets we found in the backseat of the car. 











I told Laney we should make up some cheers we could do during the game. So Laney decided to stand in the dugout, clutch the fence and scream stuff like, "HEY DAD, I WANT YOU TO WIN THIS! GO DAD! I THINK YOU CAN DO THIS THING!"

This made it hard for him to play first base without laughing.






The team won their first game, or as I like to say, "We're undefeated."

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment