Tuesday, May 28, 2013

It Takes All Kinds


Hey y'all -

I have a boss who's been through dozens of assistants in the time I've known him, because there's always some little quirk about them that gets on his nerves - one smacked her lips funny when she answered the phone, one sighed too much, one wore clompy shoes too many times on our hardwood floor. I used to think he was crazy, but then I saw the cabinets in our new house, and I almost broke out in a rash of irritation. If they were an intern, I would tell them to collect their belongings and be out of the office by lunch.


They don't go to the ceiling, but they're not far enough from the ceiling for me to store anything above them. They're not centered on the wall. They're all different heights. They're blah. Blah blah blah.

So I got your dad and Tex busy on making cabinets while the family was visiting.


Hagen enjoyed being a hands-on helper, standing in the middle of every step of the project, wielding a hammer, just in case somebody needed it.




Laney took more of a USO approach to helping, entertaining the troops during all phases of construction, usually with songs about the planets:


I had forgotten that Pluto had been demoted. 

The new cabinets are still a work in progress, but stay tuned for an "After" picture, coming shortly. 

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment