Saturday, May 4, 2013

Reasons My Daughter Is Crying




Hey y'all -

A few days ago, I discovered a web site called "Reasons My Son Is Crying." Every day, the dad who writes it posts a photo of his son crying and lists the reason why. I have never laughed so hard.

Reasons his two year-old is crying include:

- This juice is not milk.
- He asked me to zip his coat, and I did.
- Buzz Lightyear's head won't come off.

In the photo above, Laney is crying because Ella licked her arm, in the exact same way the dog has done on each of the previous 1,277 days.

Other reasons Laney has made this face and wailed include:

- Because Hagen was thinking about pulling her hair.
- Because the yellow cheese isn't as good as the orange cheese.
- Because Cedar wants to play with her stuff.
- Because Cedar doesn't want to play with her stuff.
- Because she didn't want THAT pink crayon, she wanted THAT PINK CRAYON!!!
- Because Mom won a game of Candyland.
- The sandwich was cut into rectangles, not triangles.
- Hagen got buckled into his car seat first.
- The bubblegum-flavored Spongebob toothpaste is too spicy. 

...and those last three all happened this morning between 7a-9a.

Around 8a this morning, Laney was screaming about not wanting her hair brushed, Hagen was screaming because I couldn't hold him and do Laney's hair at the same time, and then all hell broke loose when I turned off cartoons 'til everyone could behave. I finally had to give up and laugh, and thought, "I should film thirty seconds of this and sell it to Madison Avenue as an ad campaign for prophylactics."

Love,
Mom




No comments:

Post a Comment