Sunday, November 17, 2013

The Stand-In


Hey y'all - 

I called my friend Tracy the other day and asked if I could borrow her 15 year-old daughter Kassedy to help me practice some photography techniques. I remember in the photography workshop I took back in March of last year that my teacher Meghan said, "If you really want to get some practice in, find yourself a teenage girl. They will pose for you for days." I wanted to practice shooting in manual mode, and I wanted to get out of the woods; there are only so many person-in-front-of-a-tree photos I can take. 

Before Kassedy came over, I took Laney on a little tour of downtown and the new river park on a hunt for shooting locations. Or, as Laney called it, "our abbenture."

Laney was an excellent stand-in:

She dresses herself, ladies and gentlemen.




...and then this is how things turned out with the big girl:





Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment