Tuesday, December 3, 2013

What I Did On My Thanksgiving Vacation


Hey y'all -

For almost five years now, my mother has been planning a Disney vacation. Time and time again, I sabotaged her best-laid plans by reproducing and bringing forth into the world beautiful, brilliant children. Repeatedly, being in the third trimester of pregnancy or having a newborn got me out of going to Orlando. But now, with a four year-old and a two year-old and no more offspring on the horizon (so help me God), I had run out of excuses and it was time to pack up and go see Mickey.

Hagen waits for our plane out of Missoula


Entertaining himself in Denver

Road warrior

Spend most of our layover riding the moving sidewalk and the elevator. Laney pronounces "elevator" as "alligator" and I don't correct her because it's the most precious thing ever when a child yells "Let me push the buttons on the alligator!!"

Play Doh - Awesome travel toy

Laney made a lit of everyone "invited" on our vacation. I'm so cool, I made the list twice.
Each time we travel, we happen upon a new tip or trick that makes traveling with small children a little easier. Like how the floor above the A Concourse at the Denver airport is mostly deserted, so if you have a long layover (ours was 3+ hours on this trip), it's a great place to go and run around. On this trip, I knew we'd have a long layover and wanted to think of something active we could do that wouldn't require me to lug toys around. So I filled a side pocket of my backpack with a handful of party balloons and blew them up one we found an empty area to play in. We all played balloon volleyball for hours; then, when it was time to go to our gate, we popped the balloons and tossed 'em. I will totally be recycling this idea on our next trip.


Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment