Thursday, January 16, 2014

Building Wild



Hey y'all -

I'm in Vermont.

The show I worked on for most of last year - "Building Wild" - has been ordered to a second season, so I'm back in Vermont, driving around and looking for great cabin-building projects. The first season premiered last Tuesday, and I happened to be here just in time to go to the premiere party at a local bar. So cool to see this small town watching themselves on television.




You two are back at home with your dad and Grandma Sue. Being apart gets harder and harder, I think - you'd think it'd be the opposite, but I end up missing you more on each trip. Laney seems to understand that I'll be back in a few days. Mostly, she wants to know how many presents she's going to get out of the deal. Finally, I told her she wasn't getting ANY because I would rather us genuinely miss each other.

Mom: ...Besides, Laney, you just had such a big Christmas, I can't think of a single thing you'd want or need.

Laney I can think of one important thing I don't have.

Mom: What is it?

Laney: A trampoline.

Mom: If you think you're getting a trampoline because I'm going out of town for a few days, you're out of your gourd.

So instead, she's spending our time apart learning how to tie a bandanna in her hair so she'll look more like Fraulein Maria in The Sound of Music. 


Hagen, on the other hand, seems mad as hell that I'm gone and isn't speaking to me, which is the worst. I'm assuming he'll forgive me when I step off the plane, but I'm putting a bag of M&Ms in my pocket, just in case.

Love,
Mom


No comments:

Post a Comment