Monday, January 25, 2010

Life Lessons - #1


Dear Laney,

I thought it would be fun if occasionally I use this blog to share with you a little of the wisdom I've accumulated in my 33 years. (Incredible, I know - I don't look a day over 24.)

If you're anything like your mother, you will ignore all suggestions and advice and immediately go out and do the opposite of what you are told. That's fine. As my good friend Amy often smiles and tells her children, "I deserve you."

That being said, welcome to the first in a series of Life Lessons. When I was a teenager, Philip once told me:

If you get in a fight with your boyfriend,
be careful what you tell your mother.
You may forgive him, but she won't.

At the time, I thought it was a kooky thing to say. But tonight, as I was watching you doze in your swing like a little angel I realized something important: Philip was right. Because the first time some stupid punk boy hurts your feelings, I will march to his house and kick him in the shins.

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment