Thursday, January 21, 2010

Mom At The Dentist / Super Pumpkin At Home

Dear Laney,

I had an appointment with the dentist today, and the plan was for your dad to entertain you for an hour while I had my teeth checked out. Dad decided to stroll you up and down the street right underneath the dentist's picture window. As the dentist was poking around in my mouth, I saw you stroll to the left...then stroll to the right...then stroll to the left...until even the hygienist started saying "Here comes your baby again." On your fifth trip under the window, Dad had abandoned the stroller and was carrying you in his arms because you were crying. You looked miserable out there together, so the dentist asked "Do you want to get up and go help them?" So I got out of the dentist's chair and ran outside to tell dad where to find the pacifiers and clean diapers while Dr. Noyd waited patiently.

Because the only thing I hate worse than having my teeth scraped is watching you cry.

We came home tonight and you and Dad hung out on the couch playing "Super Pumpkin":


I'll say this about you, Laney, you sure make him work hard for every laugh - when it comes to your dad, you are one tough crowd. Could you throw him a courtesy laugh every now and then? I think it would really boost his self esteem.

Love,
Mom


No comments:

Post a Comment