Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Don't Hassle Me, I'm Working


Dear Laney,

Tonight, I was sorting the laundry, and I noticed that you were concentrating on the socks and seemed to be moving them from one pile to another. Back and forth. Back and forth. So I thought, "What if I brought out a bin of all FIFTY pairs of your socks? Would that just blow your mind?"

I wish I knew what was going on in your little head, because you attacked that bin of socks. Some went over your left shoulder, some went over your right, some got placed in orderly piles until you reconsidered and threw them in one of the other piles. I tried to figure out what your sorting system was...was it color-specific? Was it cheap Target socks vs. the nice ones from Baby Gap? Wool vs cotton? Nope.

You worked on that bin until you almost fell asleep sitting up, and I took you to bed.

Some days you are just a mystery, wrapped in an enigma.

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment