Monday, May 24, 2010

The Trip Home

Dear Laney,

Over the past week, you have taken multiple long road trips, and have flown cross-country with lots of layovers. You've met dozens of new people and tried tons of new (probably completely inappropriate) foods. And through it all, you've been pleasant and cooperative and have kept the tantrums to a minimum. We can't thank you enough.

That being said, if anyone ever asks me what the final leg of our plane trip - from Denver to Spokane - was like, I will describe it as "being trapped in a hot crowded metal tube while trying to wrangle a 30 pound shrieking chimpanzee on my lap."

I considered handing you to your dad and pretending I didn't know either one of you. Then, I would whisper to my fellow passengers, "Can you believe he can't get that baby to be quiet? This is why I hate flying coach."

The funniest thing (in retrospect) was that you were wearing a little pink T-shirt that read SWEET TO THE CORE. In this case, that was a lie. Rest assured, the next time we fly, I am buying you THIS shirt:



Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment