Friday, July 30, 2010

Bring Me The Shrimp Fork. It Amuses Me.



Dear Laney,

Your dad and I have noticed lately that when we finish dinner, you really seem to enjoy playing with our forks and spoons. So, last night, I decided to give you your own shrimp fork - it was the closest thing I had on hand that was roughly the right size for you.

What? Of COURSE I have shrimp forks. I have 12 of them.
Because you never know when a dozen people might come over and demand shellfish, that's why. And the Southern hostess in me would hate to have to tell them no.
That's not crazy, it's just PREPARED.

I don't need to tell you how well this fork situation is working out. Your father's love of tools and my love of food have combined in you to create a perfect storm of meal consumption.

Love,
Mom


No comments:

Post a Comment