Saturday, July 3, 2010

This Is What You Do To People



Dear Laney,

Your grandfather Philip has only been in the house for a few hours, and already we have another image for a future photo montage of "grandparents who are so exhausted after one day with you that they pass out on the couch." Also included will be this classic from August 2009:


[NOTE: I only recycle this picture because it makes your grandmother nuts.]

Today I learned that grandparents can laugh when you throw everything you've been given to eat on the floor of PF Chang's, because they know they won't have to clean it up. They can laugh when you're obviously working on a world-class poop, because they won't be the ones to change you. I'm beginning to see the upside of this grandparenting business.

It is 60 degrees this evening in Alberton, and your grandfather Philip is wearing his long pants and a winter coat while wrapped in a blanket. I hope when you grow up, you make fun of him for this. In the meantime, I'll do my part by publishing it to the blog.

Love,
Mom


No comments:

Post a Comment