Thursday, October 27, 2011

Birthday Party of Three

10/26

Dear Laney,

Today is my birthday, and let me tell you - when you get to be 35, it's just one big non-event. And that's perfectly fine. My morning still turned out to be super-awesome-fun, because Cedar's parents had stuff to do today, and we volunteered to baby-sit.

Cedar came over early this morning, and we spent half the day playing together. You showed her how to play your flute! We crawled in and out of a tent and a tunnel! We played with Play-Doh! We ate Mac O'Cheese! We brought out all 286 of your toys so that you and Cedar could wrestle over the same lame thing you hadn't even looked at in months! And we gave Cedar some time to catch up on her phone calls; she had a nice long chat with whomever lives at 123933-46-205-411-876. [Attention Homeland Security: If this number includes the international dialing code for the interior of Afghanistan, trust me when I tell you this is all a big misunderstanding.]






You also wanted to hold Cedar's hand every time you guys went up or down the stairs, "So we be safe!"


You girls giggled and squealed all morning long, and had the best time. Thanks for making me feel so young on my birthday.

Love,
Mom

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday from someone you don't know! I love your blog. I have a habit of showing it off to family and friends (like I can take credit for it because I stumbled across it first), and I generally can't read it aloud without laughing. And then they just look at me like I have lost my mind. Southern girls are kind of the funniest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the birthday wishes. I was reading YOUR blog the other day, and was going to post a comment about how my husband had never heard the word "culottes," does not know what VBS stands for, has never had to stand in a circle singing "Father Abraham,"and how difficult it is in general to be married to a member of The Great Unwashed, but then I saw that someone else commented that the world needed more culotte-wearing, and I thought maybe I should keep my church humor to myself, so as not to alienate your other readers.

    ReplyDelete