Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Lee Girls: We're Just Like You. Only Prettier.


Dear Laney,

Last weekend, we attended the annual Lee Fall Family Festival at my uncle Keith and aunt Donna's house in south Georgia. When we walked up the drive, you saw other kids playing in a tent in the yard and you waved to us and said, "Bye, Mom. See ya way-ter." Safe to say it took you exactly 0.08 seconds for you to get accustomed to being a Lee.

They had you at "bounce house."

You painted a pumpkin, you ate chocolate-covered Oreos, you bounced in that house 'til your brain was probably rattling around in your head and you ran around the yard with a sharp-ended stick that my cousin Erik gave you. He can't be counted on to know better, because he's only had three girls of his own. Your cousins Hope and Victoria painted each other's faces to look like Native Americans, and we all agreed Hope got the short end of THAT pointy-ended stick. As Uncle Keith said, "Hope, you look like you have one of those biblical diseases."

My uncle David helpfully showed you how you could wiggle out of your shirt, and then you took off running topless through the party. When I caught up with you and told you to put your shirt back on, you yelled "DON'T WANT TO SHIRT!" I know there's one at every party, but it doesn't always have to be you.

With all the great moments to choose from, I think your favorite thing about the reunion - hands down - was the hay ride. You climbed up in Erik's lap and the whole family rumbled off down the street.



One thing the Lees are good at is having girls. We've had tons of 'em. I took so many photos of your female cousins that I decided I'd just put together this little tongue-in-cheek video. Hope you like it.


Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment