Monday, November 14, 2011

The Dark Side Of Daughters



Dear Laney,

Nothing in the world is as funny to you as when you and your dad are playing, and he pretends to get seriously injured. He is the Larry and Curly to your Moe.

Most recently, you've developed a game called "I ZAP YOU!" which entails "zapping" your dad with your evil magic wand, and then your dad pretending he just got seriously electrocuted. It doesn't matter that you've done this a jillion times, your dad still falls over, pretending he was hit by a substantial amount of voltage. And every single time, you laugh like this:

[Production note: For this performance, the role of Evil Magic Wand will be played by a tire pressure gauge]


Last night, I went to bed a little worried about the width of your mean streak.

Then, this morning, I woke up to discover that it had snowed about ten inches at our house. And at first - per my usual - I was despondent.





But my next thought came almost immediately: My mama is going to be here next month, and she's going to be sooooo mad when she sees this.

And that's going to be soooooo funny.

And I giggled, just like you in that film clip.

Love,
Mom



No comments:

Post a Comment