Monday, November 14, 2011

"Dear Katie" - Part 2


Dear Laney,

It looks like you're working on another letter to your cousin Katie in Georgia, with a shout-out to her sister Hope.

Last night, I was sitting in bed, working on a crossword puzzle, when you climbed up next to me, flipped over your Dad's thesis, and started writing. So I filmed it. Dad tried to help with the filming, but... well, you'll see. Someday, you will make an excellent producer.

I was going to add subtitles, but I think it's more fun to let the people guess what you're saying. I'll give them a clue that you seem to think Katie needs to know the lyrics to "Ring Around The Rosie," and needs to pull a rope of some sort. We couldn't figure out what rope or why, but I do know that Katie better start pulling that dang rope.


When you were finished, your side of the paper was filled with tiny little scribbles and swirls.

Dad's side read:

THE INFLUENCE OF ENVIRONMENTAL VARIABLES
ON PREDICTING RARE-PLANT HABITAT
IN THE NEZ PERCE NATIONAL FOREST

I understood them equally.

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment