Saturday, April 21, 2012

Flower Girl


Dear Laney,

So, without further ado, this is how the wedding went:

I found out on the day of the wedding that, because there are so many events scheduled at the Naval Academy's chapel, flower girls are not actually allowed to sprinkle or throw flowers. All you could do was hurriedly walk down the aisle, holding your basket. You thought this was bull$#!*, and tromped down the aisle accordingly.


But, I have to say, when you weren't pouting, you looked almost unbearably beautiful.





Complete strangers who were touring the Academy stopped and asked if they could take your picture. Each time, you would smile for them and then turn to me and ask, "Now I can have piece o' candy?"


I think if I'd had enough M&Ms in my purse, you might have sat there all afternoon.


I asked your dad later what his favorite part of this vacation was, and he said, "The memory of Laney sitting on those steps in her dress."


Nice work, flower girl.

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment