Monday, April 2, 2012

Night Owls



Dear Laney,

Last Friday night, we went to Miss Tracy's house to celebrate Jojo's 5th birthday. Tracy had decided on a "night owl," theme, and all the kids came dressed in their pajamas. She gave you all glow-in-the-dark necklaces and bracelets and you played a dance party game in the dark. You were "out" almost immediately, because asking a 2 year old to "freeze" is like asking lava to "pause for a sec."


There was spaghetti and a pinata that you tried to beat the snot out of with a bat.


Everyone got a chance to hold Hagen,


...and all of the kids got a handmade owl pillow from Tracy. I'm known for overextending myself, but even I had to whistle and say "Damn!" when I saw all those pillows. If you told me I had to make 12 different owl pillows for a group of kids, I'd start looking for a Home Ec class to pay under the table.


The morning after the party, you woke up and said, "I ready go back to Jojo's birdday party."

Let me just get Tracy on the phone. I'm sure she's ready for round two.

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment