Saturday, April 7, 2012

The Pepsi Hunt




Hey y'all -

We went into Alberton today for the Easter egg hunt. Once again, the field was divided into sections by age group, and Laney was in "Walking Toddlers Through Age 3." The degree of difficulty for this section was approximately zero, since the egg hunt people picked a flat square of field and dropped an egg on the ground every 12 inches.

It was in the toddler section today that I witnessed the craziest thing I'd ever seen at an egg hunt: there were soda cans on the ground, interspersed with the plastic eggs. At first, Grandma Sue and I thought they hadn't cleaned the field before "hiding" the eggs, but nope: They meant for the toddlers to have the soda as treats. The volunteer for our section even shouted, "Parents shouldn't touch the eggs, but if the kids need help pickin' up the pop, you can help 'em." WHAT?? If you can't lift it, you probably shouldn't consume it. That's my motto.

I can say that this is the craziest thing I saw today, but not the craziest thing I heard; that distinction goes to the multiple reports I received this morning of the Easter egg hunt in Americus, Georgia, where a man dressed as a huge pink bunny piloted a crop duster over a field, opened the hopper, and let rain thousands of eggs. God bless America. The lesson here is that any time you see someone in Montana doing something tacky, rest assured that someone in Georgia is doing it better.

Instead of going to the egg hunt, I think Dad and Hagen would have been happy to stay home on the couch, watching a science documentary. How do I know? Because they both had this look on their face the whole time:


We ran into Cedar, which was great fun:

...and we all ate a stupid amount of candy.


In case you're wondering, it did snow at the egg hunt, which puts me in mind of my favorite facebook exchange of the week:


So true, James. So true.

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment