Thursday, April 26, 2012

Garrrrdening





Dear Laney,

Spring has sprung here at our little house, and the last of the snow has melted. Being that he's a Communist* raised by hippies**, your dad is especially psyched that it's time to plant a garden.***

(Yes, he is wearing expedition socks with Crocs in this picture. 
Yes, I did bear him two children. The heart wants what it wants.)

You decided to supervise help him, which I'm sure he enjoyed. I mean, what serious gardener doesn't show up to the job site wearing rain boots,  sporting a pirate eye patch and wielding a wooden shiv?




Speak loudly and carry a little stick. Hmmm. I think you might have that backwards.

Love,
Mom

* - 80% true
** - 100% true
*** I should clarify that communists and hippies are not the only people who enjoy planting gardens. I'm quite sure Martha Stewart, for example, is neither. I just like teasing your dad for being both. Speaking of communism, your dad's latest idea is that no one in America should be allowed to make more than 200k/year. But he should know that if I win the lottery or book a huge job, I'm not giving the money back.

No comments:

Post a Comment