Saturday, November 10, 2012

Breaking News


All photos in this post courtesy of Barnibbe Photography


Hey y'all - 

When I was little and would go to visit my grandparents in Georgia, my arrival would normally be mentioned in the social column of The Vienna News-Observer. As in: 

Brooke Lee, of Virginia, will be visiting her grandparents Mary and Woodrow Lee of Vienna.

The News-Observer no longer exists, having been absorbed by the larger - and more metropolitan - Cordele Dispatch, which advertises itself as "The Legal Organ Of Dooly County," a.k.a the most accidentally profane slogan I've ever read.

When my grandmother would mention that my visit had made the paper, I would inwardly roll my eyes and swear up and down that I would never ever live in a town where something so trifling would qualify as "news."

Alberton got a new see-saw! Alberton got a new see-saw!





We met Cedar and her family at the playground to try out the new see-saw (or, "see-saucer," as Laney insists it's called). Laney and Cedar didn't want to ride on the same one so much as they wanted to ride on the same end, so The Other Brooke and I took turns pushing them up and down. And up and down. And up and down. Just bench pressing the young'uns over and over. 


I woke up the next morning, whining, "Thor...my armpits hurrrrt..."

Brooke Burbach, of Alberton, Montana, accidentally exercised her pectoral muscles yesterday on the school playground, and is asking for prayers of support during this time of healing and recovery. 

Love,
Mom


No comments:

Post a Comment