Sunday, November 25, 2012

Second To None


Dear Hagen,

There's definitely a downside to being the second child. When Laney was your age, I had the time to write an eight-paragraph blog post describing how she picked up a fork. Now, I have two children and a full-time job and a tendency to over-commit myself to crazy volunteer projects, and sometimes I let things slide when it comes to this blog in general, and about your development specifically. A few weeks ago, I said to your dad, "I should probably mention on the blog that Hagen can stand up all by himself and bounce to the music while eating crackers," but I kept forgetting.

But before I let this moment get away from me, allow me to share the greatest development of our Thanksgiving holiday:


So proud of you.


Laney took her first steps toward Uncle Nate, too. I don't know if it's his motivational speeches, his intense training regimen, or the way he claps and yells HUSTLE! HUSTLE!*, but something he's doing just plain works.






With love and thanks to Uncle Nate,
Mom

* He doesn't actually do this.


No comments:

Post a Comment