Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Rainy Days & Wednesdays Always Get Me Down







Hey y'all - 

I went five days without taking a picture. I'm suffering from photo fatigue, election fatigue and fatigue fatigue. It's also possible I inherited my father's seasonal affective disorder, since all I want to do is get under a blanket on the couch and watch old movies until it's time to buy an Easter dress and eat candy-covered malted milk balls. 

_____________________________


You guys still aren't sleeping through the night. 

Laney has crazy nightmares and hollers nonsense in her sleep: BUT I HAVING A SLEEPOVER WITH CEDAR! or BUT MY MOMMY GAVE ME COOKIES! She does this at such a loud volume that it wakes Hagen up, and he starts to cry, which rouses Laney from her dream and causes her to wail, "Hagen's crying at me!"

Readers: You know when you take a nap in the late afternoon and when you wake up, it's dark out and you're confused as to what day it is? Is it still today, or is it tomorrow? Since our children wake up at midnight and 2 and 3:30 and 4-something, Thor and I have felt that strange exhausted disorientation for five days in a row. 120 hours later, we still feel like we're slogging through the same day. 

_____________________________


Jessie lost the election.

It's heartbreaking, really. She couldn't have run a better campaign, and I couldn't have been more proud to be her supporter. The man who won is an unemployed 24 year-old who directed reporters to his mother when he was accused of sexual assault, and who once wrote a blog post about women and their "angry vaginas." 

And now he represents all the women and little girls in House District 14.

Sometimes, it's hard to get out of bed in the morning.

_____________________________

Thor is sick. 

If he manages to successfully hack up that lung he's been working on, I'll take a picture of it. 

_____________________________



I'm probably not quite as down as I sound, but y'all seriously, it's been a bummer of a week.

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment