Sunday, December 9, 2012

Pay No Attention To The Young'un On The Left



Hey y'all -

We've been so busy lately that I'm starting to lose track of what happened when, so let's just say that a few days ago - more than two but less than eight - Cedar and her family came over for dinner.



As always when they are here, I had the following two thoughts:

1) These are the sweetest people ever. I just adore them.
2) Woo-wee, I'm glad half these young'uns are going back to someone else's house tonight. I don't even care which half. Pick two.

Mothers of four children, I applaud you, and I wonder how you get anything done. My Irish friend Gordon says he was once given this advice: "You have to have at least nine, because then they can start taking care of each other. You just can't get spooked and stop at seven, 'cause then you're screwed."

Yeah.

The Other Brooke bought along her camera lights because she was going to take a beautiful, perfectly-lit, Rockwellian photo of our family. Laney was not as excited about this as we needed her to be, and her expressions were all variations on this theme:


But wait! When given the opportunity to have her photo taken with Cedar, a whole new Laney made an appearance:


What we learned is that Laney is all for posing for a family photo, just not with this family. I told Brooke that I might send this picture out with our Christmas cards this year, and just put a Post-it on it that reads, "Pay no attention to the young'un on the left."

Thanks to Brooke for the fun photo session. We look forward to borrowing Cedar for every family photo going forward.


Love,
Mom




No comments:

Post a Comment