Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Birthdays Out The Wazoo


Hey y'all -

We've been to SO many birthday parties in the past week or so for kids who were born at the end of March. This suggests that for some couples, the Fourth of July is a very romantic holiday. Fireworks, indeed.

We went to Cedar's birthday at the hot springs:




Cian's birthday at the gymnastics place:





And Jojo's princess party at her house:




 It's hard to pin the tail on anything when you're just a few feet tall.




On Thanksgiving last year, you might recall that your dad and I went to Walmart for their doorbusters. Whipped up into a primal frenzy, I bought a ton of toys (board games were $3, people). I brought them home and wrapped them and hid them away in the basement. As Christmas approached, I took a look at the pile and realized it was a crazy/stupid amount of gifts to give to you two on Christmas. Instead, I left them down there, wrapped, and every time we get invited to a birthday party, I pick the most appropriate gift off of my pre-wrapped pile and put the birthday kid's name on it.

I didn't intend to be so brilliant; it was just a happy accident... not unlike when Alexander Fleming looked at that petri dish in his trash pile in 1928 and noticed the mold that would become penicillin.

A lifesaver, I'm telling you.

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment