Saturday, May 3, 2014

Wedding Weekend


Hey y'all - 

On Friday morning of the wedding weekend, I attended a bridal brunch put together by Reed's sister Tyler. Laney and Peg Peg were unable to attend, because they'd previously made plans to see what was on sale at Talbot's and buy some Easter candy at Target.

The soon-to-be bride was looking fairly radiant, considering the bachelorette party had been held the night before and involved a limousine.  Nothing good ever happens in a limousine. On my death bed, I will look back on my life and realize that the most ashamed of my own behavior I've ever been involved a limo. And that's all I'm going to say about that.  


The table was beautiful, as were all of my family members:



At the rehearsal dinner that night, Robyn thought it would be so funny (and it was) to train Laney to tell Peg Peg that she's "zero fun." Robyn would ask, "How much fun is Peg Peg?" and Laney would shoot up  her thumb and forefinger in a little loop - the universal symbol for zilch.




I'm not sure when it happened, but early in the weekend, Laney had gotten it into her head that Reed's then-fiance Ned looked a lot like Prince Hans in "Frozen." It's not totally true, but it's not really untrue, either:


If you're reading this and you haven't seen "Frozen," well - massive spoiler alert - Prince Hans turns out to be the bad guy. He imprisons Princess Elsa, and tries to kill Princess Anna, all in a plot to steal their kingdom. Safe to say, Laney kept a pretty close eye on ol' Ned at the rehearsal dinner.


She even borrowed my phone so she could show Reed a picture of Prince Hans, and warn her what she'd be up against in case, as she suspected, Ned and Hans were the same person. 


Then, satisfied she'd done her due diligence, and with the weight of Reed's future marriage off her shoulders, she went back to dancing in circles on the sidewalk.


Of course, the big event was the wedding itself. On our way to the ceremony, Laney and I took a picture of ourselves all dressed up and sent it home to the boys with the message, "We're on our way to a fabulous wedding!"

                                        

They texted back: "We're on our way to a popsicle party!"



I think Laney danced more than anyone else at the wedding. She started before the band did.






No doubt in my mind, I chose the right date.


Congratulations, Reed and Ned on your beautiful wedding, and thanks, Laney, for being the perfect traveling companion. 

Love,
Mom



No comments:

Post a Comment