Friday, February 12, 2010

The Average Workday


Dear Laney,

Because I enjoy spending time with you (and the idea of day care makes me hyperventilate,) I've been working from home since you were born.

I often wonder if the people that I'm working with in New York or L.A. imagine that my "office" is our dining room table, and I complete most of my projects with a 22-pound young'un in my left hand, typing about 10 words per minute with my right hand.

I spend a lot of time worrying that I'm not doing a good job balancing work and motherhood, but I seem to be doing an excellent job of balancing you on my left knee.

Small victories...

Love,
Mom

1 comment:

  1. How is it that Laney's expression doesn't change at all, but that we are exposed to the entire spectrum by you?

    Perhaps this is an indication of how you will approach various situations in the future, say, 13 or 14 years from now?

    ReplyDelete