Monday, February 22, 2010

A Weekly Round-Up



Dear Laney,

Here are some misc. highlights from the past few days:

Today, we read PAJAMA TIME, which is your favorite book, about five times. I know it's your favorite book, because every time I start to read it, you start to squeal. I have now memorized the book and can simply recite it while you gum the pages. Everybody wins. I tried to transition over to BARNYARD DANCE today, but you're just not that excited about square-dancing pigs.

Your dad and I have noticed - thanks to the Olympics - that when I start to sing "The Star Spangled Banner," you start to moan. I don't know if you're singing along, or just trying to communicate "Moooommmm, pleeease stooooooooppp." I can't wait 'til you can add eye-rolling to your repertoire.

For lunch today, you had pureed pumpkin, which almost made your dad's head explode with the creative potential for "Pumpkin eating pumpkin" jokes/songs/comments.

This weekend, Gus tried to lick you and you grabbed his tongue. And held on. He just sighed and sat there, like "You got me." Gus is not very bright, so try not to take advantage of him. Also: It is moves like this that are the reason I have to wash your hands 20 times a day.

You had a weird angry rash this week. I researched it, diagnosed it, and whipped up a remedy. Today, the rash is almost gone. I feel like I cured polio.

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment