Thursday, February 18, 2010

These Are A Few Of My Favorite Things...


Dear Laney,

It seems that you have two great loves in your life. I would like to say that they are 1) me and 2) your dad (or at least bananas), but I would be lying. What you really love are the telephone and the remote control.

I'm all for letting you explore these two items because every time you play with them, we discover new features we didn't know they had. For example, the first time you held the remote on your own, your dad and I learned that our TV has picture-in-picture. What we still haven't learned is how to turn it off.

When I first let you play with the phone, you showed me that it also has an "intercom" mode. I could hear myself saying "Don't put that in your mouth!" in stereo.

This morning, I let you play with the TV remote again while I was on a phone call for work, but I had to interrupt the call I was on to stop you from ordering "Star Trek:The Movie" on pay-per-view. Again, I didn't know we had pay-per-view.

Of course, the real news item here is that you're holding yourself up in a standing position while reaching for your two favorite things. I think it's funny that you seem to hit all your important milestones when you're not wearing any clothes. I'm sure my mother, who buys 98% of your designer wardrobe, thinks this is a conspiracy.

Well, it's almost bedtime, so why don't you set the Tivo to record the Olympics and forward our calls to voicemail?

Love,
Mom


No comments:

Post a Comment