Wednesday, April 14, 2010

The Babysitter


Dear Laney,

A few weeks ago, I splurged and bought a robot vacuum cleaner. You press that one little Power button in the middle, and it cruises around the house like R2-D2, cleaning the whole floor. Your dad says the only thing it's missing is a little robot voice that says "Thor...the...floors...are...clean."

The other day, I sat you down in your crib so that I could put the iRobot on the floor in your room and get it started. As it spun around the room, you watched it with such pure concentration it was like you were watching the final laps at Talladega. In fact, you were so mesmerized that I closed the door to your room and came downstairs and left the two of you alone.

Half an hour later, I went up to check on you, and you had fallen asleep sitting up with your head resting against your crib rails.

I tell you - if that little robot didn't pick up a single speck of dust, and all it did was entertain you for 30-minute intervals and lull you to sleep, it would have been worth the purchase price.

Love,
Mom


2 comments:

  1. ... but I have to know: Does the robo-cuum work?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yeah. It totally works. And it's so much fun to watch that I've vacuumed my house every day - which is good since Laney will be crawling soon. But seriously, its cleaning power is just a side benefit.

    ReplyDelete