Monday, April 26, 2010

You're HOW Old?!?




Dear Laney,

Today is your Uncle Nate's birthday. We went to a cook-out at Nate & Brynn's last night, where you tried a piece of grilled hamburger that you stole off my plate and did NOT like it. Oh no, not at all. Your dad gave you a little spoonful of ice cream, and it was hilarious watching your facial expression shift from "I've TOLD you people a HUNDRED TIMES that I do not eat ANYTHING COLD" to "Um...perhaps I'll revise my opinion."

We put you on a towel in the living room so you could enjoy your mac n' cheese. Things were going great until a puppy snuck into the house and stole part of your dinner. You know what you liked even less than the grilled hamburger? That puppy. Your face crumpled up as you screamed about the injustice of it all.

I'll give him credit: your dad tried not to laugh.

We want to wish your Uncle Nate a very happy birthday full of love and happiness and babysitting.

Love,
Mom


No comments:

Post a Comment