Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Easter Wrap-Up Part 3: A Gift From The Easter Bunny



Dear Laney,

I hope everyone is suitably impressed that I've been able to get almost a week's worth of blog posts out of one weekend.

I talked to my cousin Heidi last week, and she said that her daughter Hope asked for a drum set and a rock n' roll guitar from the Easter Bunny. Golly, I hope she got it. Since the closest store to our house that sells ibuprofen is half an hour away, you will be getting nothing of the sort.

Instead, this year the Easter Bunny brought you a collection of toys for the river and a pair of river shoes. Your dad and I took you down to the water on Sunday to try them out, and it seems like they're a hit with both you and your dad. I think sand castle-making equipment falls under the same category as Lincoln Logs, Hot Wheels, building blocks, and anything involving "Star Wars"... you know, Stuff Your Dad Buys So He Can Play With It Himself.





Our only partial setback was when you filled your shovel with sand and tried to feed it to yourself. But a few swishes from a juice box, and you were back in the mix.

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment