Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Odds and Ends


Dear Laney,

Crazy week so far.

You still weren't feeling well on Monday, so yesterday you went to see Dr. Hoover who determined that you have a minor ear infection in your right ear. She prescribed a ten-day regimen of amoxicillin, which you loathe. Thank gosh the instructions say the raspberry-flavored liquid can be added to something else; the only way I've been able to get you to take it is in a blueberry smoothie or a vanilla/soy milk "latte." If this TV gig doesn't work out, I'm totally getting a job at Starbucks. I hear they have dental.

Cedar came over for a little while last night to play, and we once again want to thank the dogs for preferring dog food to human baby fingers. It really cuts down on the lawsuits.


While you guys were outside hanging out, I managed to pour the boiling water from our mac n' cheese directly on my naked foot. I screamed and jumped fully clothed into the cold shower. Still, I got huge blisters. Note that I am not including a picture of my injury on the blog - you're welcome.

This morning, your dad left for a two-day trip to Seattle to present his paper at the American Association of Geographers conference. Attention single ladies - if you're looking for bookish, available nerdy types who can find all those pesky "-stan" countries on a map, let me direct your attention to the Seattle Downtown Sheraton.

Dad left at 4am this morning, so we all woke up and had a hard time getting back to sleep. We had our own conference of cranky this morning. You were mad at me for dressing you, you were mad that I put a barrette in your hair, you were mad that I tried to give you your meds without putting them in a delicious beverage first... When we got to school, you flew inside and threw your arms up for Tracy to pick you up, and you held on to her like she was your only hope of rescue from that crazy woman you live with. Like, "MY MAMA IS SO MEAN TO ME! HOLD ME!!" Then Tracy rubbed your back and said "Aw, was Mom mean to you this morning?" OK, next time you two should just plunge a salad fork straight into my heart and save yourselves the pity party.

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment