Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The Road To Recovery



Dear Laney,

After two days of staying home from school, lying on the couch and moaning, you're finally on the rebound. Thank God Almighty.

It's been rough around here the past few days. I won't go through the list of your symptoms, because I would rather repress the memory. In fact, this was one of those times when I remember why I'm always encouraging those people on higher branches of your family tree to move into our guest house. Sure, the loss of privacy would be an issue, but it would be totally worth it to be able to walk out on the back porch, pick up a megaphone and holler, "PAGING ALL GRANDMOTHERS! Please report to the living room...there seems to be some kind of toxic sludge comin' from this young'un. I KNOW YOU CAN HEAR ME."

I had to go to town for work today, so you had to come along. When we got out on the grass at the University, your illness went magically into remission and you were able to run and chase the leaves blowing across the ground.

Your dad and I were so happy that we took you out to a local pub for a celebratory pickle.


Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment