Wednesday, September 14, 2011

The Care And Feeding of Babies



Dear Laney,

In anticipation of your brother's arrival, I've been getting your baby doll out and using it to warm you up to the idea of being a gentle caregiver - "This is how babies like to be held..." that kind of thing. While I try to reinforce the ideas that BABIES ARE FRAGILE, you seem to be happy taking a more "tough love" approach to newborn care. When in doubt, yell at 'em to LIE DOWN! That's your motto.

So, like I was saying, here's how things are going so far:


Obviously, we have some kinks to work out before your brother gets here and you jam a handful of goldfish crackers down his windpipe. But when I need someone to dangle him by his toes and drop him on his head into the Pack n' Play and tell him to hush, you'll be my first call.

Love,
Mom



No comments:

Post a Comment