Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Sand Swimmin'


Dear Laney,

I've been informed there are some members of Granny Jack's Sunday School class who check in on this blog, look at the photos of you swimming in the river, and then ask Jack, "Lord, don't you know that water's COLD?!?" Well, for all the Bettys, Mildreds, and Pats out there, I can confirm: Hell yes, that water's cold. Also, I am sorry for any and all swearing I may do on this blog.

Apparently, you've had enough of swimming in Arctic waters, because yesterday when we met Cedar's family at the river, you mostly kept to the sand.

Here's the thing about going to meet Cedar - we have to be really careful about mentioning her name as part of our destination, because as soon as the Cedar's out of the bag, this is what our car ride becomes:


I'm not going to say that when you and Cedar get together, you sometimes act like you've spent the afternoon at Tequila Tuesdays at Cabo Wabo Cantina. At least, I'm not going to say that now that I know that decent, God-fearing, church-going Alabamians of an advanced age are reading this blog. Instead, I'll just put the photos here, and maybe when you're a little more grown up, you can explain to us what this was all about:






Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment