Saturday, September 24, 2011

Don't Try This At Home

Dear Laney,

I'll just warn everyone up front that there's a video clip in this post, and for its duration, we'll be catching glimpses of your naked butt. And here's why:

You have a new war cry that goes something like this: I SELF! It took me a minute to figure out the missing section between those two words, but I think it's either I (can do it all by my-) SELF, or I (think you should keep your hands to your-)SELF. Either way, you're adamantly refusing help in the given situation. I SELF is most irritating to me when you holler it to let me know that you're going to put yourself into your car seat and buckle yourself in. It's great that you can actually do it, but not so great that it takes you about 12 minutes and you only want to do it when we're already running late. I've given up on fighting you, and started keeping magazines in the car so I can use those 12 minutes to catch up on current events.

But back to the nudity...

As you know, we're working on potty training around these parts. You've mastered the part where you go to the bathroom and sit on the potty at the appropriate times, but you haven't mastered the part where you're able to pull your pants down by yourself. I'll follow you into the bathroom and remind you, "You need to pull your pants down before you potty. Can I help you?" "NO! I SELF!" ...only you can't really do it YOU SELF, and what ends up happening is that you pee in the potty through your pants. More independence for you, more laundry for me.

So we have a new pants-free policy around here.

Now, on to the post at hand, which is this:

You and your dad get a little nutso around bedtime. I don't endorse anything that happens in this video, and I strongly urge readers not to try this stuff at home.


The end.

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment