Friday, June 28, 2013

"...Because It's Thursday?"


Hey y'all -

One thing about Missoula: It loves a good party. I was talking to some of the teachers from your school on Wednesday, and they said, "You HAVE to come to the park downtown tomorrow for 'Downtown Tonight.'" There's a band and food trucks and a beer cart and activities and everyone hangs out in the sun." Sounds great," I agreed. "What's the occasion? I mean, why are they throwing this big event? Is it some kind of festival?" They looked at me like I had a hole in my head and said, "Um...because it's Thursday?"

So last night we all went downtown to the park to dance and play with your friends from school - Miss Katie brought her kids Jude and Finley, and Miss Julia brought daughter Calia. We all danced in the grass to the band and the kids took turns jumping off the wall into Thor's arms. Hagen stared at the drummer for an eternity, then asked a girl he'd never seen before to dance. When he took her hands in his, she looked around like, "Who does this baby belong to?"

Laney got an ice cream cone and shared it with her good buddy Jude*. Well, she meant to share it, but when all was said and done, Jude confessed, "Laney, I ate all your ice cream." Laney: "You sure did."







...and all this just because it's Thursday.

On our way out of the party, I was thinking about how awesome Missoula is, and how I wish everyone could live here. But then I realized that would probably ruin it. And then I saw this bumper sticker in the parking lot and laughed out loud:



Lucky us. 

Love,
Mom

P.S. No, really, Jude is a great little friend. Last week, I went on one of Laney's school field trips but had to leave early, which made Laney sad. As I was getting in the car to drive away, I looked back and saw this:


No comments:

Post a Comment