Tuesday, August 27, 2013

First Day




Dear Laney,

Today was your first day of 4 year-old preschool, and I decided to continue the tradition of asking you what you want to be when you grow up. To be honest, this year's response was more shocking to me than last year's:



Your dad was especially excited about the astronaut thing, because if I asked him to pick a destination for a romantic getaway, he would probably pick Space Camp.

On the car ride to school yesterday, I said, "Laney, that's so cool that you want to be an astronaut. Astronauts have to know so much about science!" You wrinkled your nose and said, "Oh. Why?"

Of course I want you to love math and science, but I wouldn't be at all surprised should you decide when you grow up to put those signs together and play an astronaut in the TV.

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment