Tuesday, August 6, 2013

The Show Must Go On... And On.




Dear Laney,

"Deja vu!" has become my mother's favorite phrase. I know this, because every time I text her a photo of one of your nighty performances, that's what she texts back. It seems you resemble your mother at this age, when I wanted nothing more than to grow up to be a Mandrell sister. Preferably Louise. Even at the age of 3, I knew Earlene wasn't very bright.

When I was in Vermont last month, shopping for furniture and building materials, I came upon a yard sale where a woman was selling her old first-grade dance costumes. I bought 'em all, and boy was that a wise investment. For the price of a single trip to the movies, I'm reaping the benefits of a nightly floor show.


How nice for all of us that Hagen is an appreciative audience.

Love,
Mom



No comments:

Post a Comment