Monday, September 23, 2013

Roughing It


Hey y'all -

Hagen has a new favorite game. It's called "TENT!" See, a week or two ago, Hagen was lying with me on my bed, just hanging out, and I thought it would be funny to pull the comforter over both of us, thrust my leg up in the air like a center tent support and yell "TENT!" from inside our new little Queen-sized teepee. Hagen clapped and squealed inside our insta-hideout and has since grown fond of pulling me by the hand over to my bed and demanding, "TENT!"

Laney loves TENT! too, but the other night, exhaustion set in and I got tired of supporting the weight of the comforter with my one leg while small people climbed all over me inside a hot little pyramid of Burbach sweat. "You know what would be less trouble than this?" I asked myself. "Putting together a REAL tent," I answered.

Because your dad was away serving with the Naval Reserve and wasn't on hand to tell me I was being crazy*, I went out in the garage, pulled a tent off the pile and assembled it in the middle of the living room. Laney thought it was the greatest, though she did request that we turn it to face the TV so she could lie down and watch a movie drive-in style.



Hagen crawled in and out a few times, then decided he'd rather go upstairs and play TENT!

You win some. You lose some. 

Love,
Mom

*Seriously, Thor telling me to take it easy on the nutty projects is probably a greater gift to America than his military service.

No comments:

Post a Comment